WISPR Encounter Summaries
To assist the both the scientific community and the general public in understanding and interpreting WISPR observations, we will provide a single-page summary of each PSP/WISPR encounter, listing the main features of note in each data set. Included will be a movie of the Level-3 data for that encounter, notes on solar features (CMEs, outflows, etc), a list of known comet transits, and any instrument or spacecraft operations that affected the appearance or quality of the data. We also provide a comprehensive set of links to all data products for that encounter on each corresponding page. The data for each encounter can also be obtained from the WISPR Data page or from our online database.
- Encounter 1 (10-31-2018 - 11-11-2018)
- Encounter 2 (03-30-2019 - 04-10-2019)
- Encounter 3 (08-27-2019 - 09-07-2019 with limited additional data 08-17-2019 - 09-18/-2019)
- Encounter 4 (01-23-2020 - 02-04-2020 with limited additional data 12-17-2019 - 02-17-2020)
- Encounter 5 (06-01-2020 - 06-13-2020 with limited additional data 04-25-2020 - 07-07-2020)
- Encounter 6 (09-19-2020 - 10-13-2020, with limited additional data 08-08-2020 - 10-31-2020)
- Encounter 7 (01-11-2021 - 01-31-2021, with limited additional data 12-11-2020 - 02-19-2021)
- Encounter 8 (04-24-2021 - 05-04-2021, with limited additional data 04-14-2021 - 05-15-2021)
- Encounter 9 (08-04-2021 - 08-15-2021, with limited additional data 06-20-2021 - 09-10-2021)
Similar pages for each encounter will be created once we have all the appropriate information gathered together. As always, you are strongly encouraged to reach out to us with questions.